Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Scribbling Bookworm

So here it is...my first blog. Not my first blog ever...just the first as "The Scribbling Bookworm!" To get the full affect, imagine a booming voiceover, a shining cape blowing majestically in the breeze, as I stand on a mountain of books...Not seeing it? Yeah, me neither.

I decided to start this blog as a way to become a book reviewer. Why a book reviewer? I love to read, want to write, and figure the two can go hand-in-hand. I am definitely a little rusty in the writing department, but it's a use-it-or-lose-it kind of ability. Hopefully, my skills will improve as this blog progresses. I will accept all constructive criticism and positive feedback.

Why in blog format? Because that's what my generation does? Seriously, it's because I came across the Thomas Nelson Book Review Blogger site and decided, even if I didn't join that group (although I probably will), it definitely made sense to have a blog. What if by some miracle I acquire more readers than just my mother and my husband? (I can't even include my children yet because the oldest is only 4 and the youngest is unborn at this point.) What if I decide to attempt a crossover from amatuer reviewer to professional? I should probably have some proof that I really can write - this is assuming of course that I have any amount of talent and people other than my mother and my husband agree.

Ultimately, this is my attempt to stop dreaming about writing and actually do something about it. I'd love to write a book, but since I haven't written a paragraph in a while, that's probably a big stretch at this point. I'll get there...eventually...but right now, I'm just happy to be "The Scribbling Bookworm" and all that it implies.

No comments:

Post a Comment